Breaking News
May 3, 2019 - BNP makes insane behaviour seeing massive development works: Hanif
May 3, 2019 - Hasan seeks media role to build multidimensional developed nation
May 3, 2019 - Bangladesh-US agree to strengthen counterterrorism cooperation
May 3, 2019 - Film Grants Committee’s misunderstanding resolved
May 3, 2019 - Holidays of physicians in coastal areas cancelled
May 3, 2019 - Islamic info available on helpline 333 during Ramadan
May 2, 2019 - PM arrives in London
May 2, 2019 - Five Ansar al-Islam men arrested in city
May 2, 2019 - Split of BNP is now a matter of time: Hanif
May 2, 2019 - Govt to build exploitation free ‘Sonar Bangla’: Khasru
May 2, 2019 - Two domestic helps die in city
May 2, 2019 - DHAKA, April 30, 2019 (BSS) – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today gave Taka 22 lakh to ailing Md Goljar Hossain Talukder, a valiant freedom fighter and one of the close associates of Bangabandhu. The premier gave the financial assistance to Goljar, who has been suffering from cancer for long, at her Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban office here this evening, said a press release. She enquired about his treatment and directed concerned to provide him proper treatment. Goljar, hailed from Netrokona district, had protested the assassination of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and most of his family members on August 15, 1975. Because of his protest, arrest of warrant was issued against him and he went into hiding for more than four years.
May 2, 2019 - PM gives Tk 22 lac to ailing FF Goljar Hossain
May 1, 2019 - Australia to support Bangladesh over women empowerment
May 1, 2019 - Historic May Day today
April 30, 2019 - Cyclone “Fani” moves north-northwestwards
April 30, 2019 - Saudi envoy pays farewell call on PM
April 30, 2019 - Pro-AL teachers sweep DU dean election
April 30, 2019 - Hasan visits ailing Quader in Singapore
April 30, 2019 - Biman Capt Ishtiaque made executive VP of IFALPA
April 29, 2019 - PM orders speedy disposal of rape, arson cases
April 29, 2019 - VOA to cover yearlong programmes on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
April 29, 2019 - Nasim urges people to remain vigilant over Jamaat’s new platform
April 29, 2019 - Tipu for just price of RMG products in US market
April 29, 2019 - Mannan hints at constructing tunnel beneath Jamuna
April 28, 2019 - Azad seeks effective media engagement to achieve SDGs
April 28, 2019 - Sheikh Jamal’s 66th birthday today
April 28, 2019 - Jamaat has no right to do politics by changing color: Hanif
April 28, 2019 - President, PM seek contribution of all to ensure rule of law
April 28, 2019 - No possibility of terror attack in country: CTTC Chief

Taliban dismiss ‘symbolic’ US troop withdrawal

Desk Report: The Afghan Taliban said on Thursday a US plan to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of this year was only symbolic and that more serious steps were needed “to stop this pointless bloodshed”.

“Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan once again wants to make it clear that the solution for the Afghan crisis lies in the full withdrawal of all foreign troops immediately and if this does not happen, our armed struggle will increase from day to day,” the Taliban said in a statement emailed to media.

The statement, emailed to media by Taliban spokesman Tariq Ghazniwal, also accused the United States of “repeatedly giving false hopes to its nation about ending this war and claiming baselessly about victory”.

The Taliban said the solution to the Afghan crisis “lies in the full withdrawal of all foreign troops immediately” and said that until that happened “our armed struggle will increase from day to day”.

It made no reference to contacts with the Americans. Afghan president Hamid Karzai announced last week talks were underway and US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has said US officials are involved in preliminary talks with the Taliban.

The militants accused Obama of having “no respect” for demands to end the war given US-Afghan government negotiations over a strategic partnership agreement which will forge a long-term relationship between the two.

Obama announced Wednesday that 10,000 US troops would leave Afghanistan this year and all 33,000 forces sent as part of a surge ordered in late 2009 would be home by next summer.

As he made the announcement, he said that “the tide of war is receding” and “the light of a secure peace can be seen in the distance.”

The Taliban are leading an insurgency against foreign troops in Afghanistan which started in 2001 when they were ousted from power by a US-led invasion.

Meanwhile, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Thursday his nation’s youth will stand up and defend the country as the US begins to pull troops out, while the Taliban promised to fight as long as foreign soldiers remain there.

Karzai spoke briefly from the presidential palace Thursday morning after US President Barack Obama announced he would bring 33,000 US troops home by next summer. Karzai thanked international troops for their support and said “the people of Afghanistan will be protecting their homeland.”

“The transition of the security and the withdrawal of the foreign troops from Afghanistan means the Afghan forces must be strengthened,” Karzai said.

About author

AWARD

Reflection Team

বাংলা

স্যান্ডউইচের দামে দেহ বিক্রি করছেন গ্রিক নারীরা!

স্যান্ডউইচের দামে দেহ বিক্রি করছেন গ্রিক নারীরা!

ভেঙে পড়ছে গ্রিসের অর্থনীতি। দুই মেয়াদে ক্ষমতায় এসেও সিপ্রাস সরকার চিত্রটা পাল্টাতে পারেনি। দিন দিন বাড়ছে বেকারত্ব। গোটা দেশটার আর্থ-সামাজিক…

Recent Video

Photo Gallery

Folder not found
wp-content/uploads/2012/02/