DHAKA:Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina stressed the need for formulating a master plan to ensure planned development of the country protecting…
Mr. M. R. A. Taha, a renewed and well-experienced industrialist of the country who has been contributing a lot to the growth of our national economy since a long time. As a man of great integrity and sincerity, he has been carrying out his responsibilities as an entrepreneur in various sectors of the industry arena. Born in 1935 at Murshidabad of West Bengal in India where he completed his education life. A worthy son of Late Abdul Kader and Late Ms. Khairunnesa. Mr. Taha achieved his degree successfully from Kolkata University. In 1959 he migrated to Dhaka along with his family members and started to live there permanently. In 1961, he began his career as a probationary officer with Habib Bank Ltd. and performed his responsibilities in various capacities. In 1970, Mr. Taha resigned from there as Senior Manager. A very free and frank man with strong determination Mr. Taha then involved with business by setting up “Remex Corporation Ltd.” in 1983, an indenting business organization of general medical and industrial products as its Chairman. As he is a man of innovative ideas alongside this indenting business, Mr. Taha involved with other business activities such as Ready Made Garments. He is the Chairman of Best Wool Sweaters Ltd. He also performing his responsibilities as a Director of Interlink Apparels Ltd. and Interlink Accessories Ltd. Aside this business activities Mr. Taha is involved with different business related associations.
Membership of Bi-Lateral Chamber:
Saarc Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
Italy Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” France-Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Thai Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Bangladesh-Malaysia Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” International Business Forum Of Bangladesh (IBFB)
” Dutch Bangla Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Bangladesh German Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” American Chamber Of Commerce In Bangladesh
” Australia Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Japan-Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Bangladesh-China Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” India Bangladesh Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
” Dhaka Chamber Of Commerce And Industry
He has, to his credit, written as many as seven books.
The list of publication
- Sat Samudra Tero Nodir Deshe February, 2002
- Ayshejer Lilabhumi SouthAfrica February, 2006
- Ajanta-Elora February, 2006
- Roben Island February, 2007
- Swadhinatar Mohanayak February, 2008
- Nelson Mandela February, 2008
- FLOODS OF BANGLADESH November, 2009
As part of his work, he extends his support and cooperation to many socio-cultural organizations of the country, especially at Savar, Sreepur in Dhaka, Dinajpur and Bramman Baria where he contributed a lot to the well being of the poor people. He also extended supports and co-operation to Savar CRP. Alongside this; he is known as great fan of sports. Mr. Taha is an Honorable member of Savar Cantonment Golf Club, Dhaka Club Ltd., Uttara Club Ltd.
In recognition to his outstanding contributions to the country’s overall development both socially and economically he achieved Awards from different socio-cultural organizations.
The Awards He Got, Included
1. “Chayan Shahitya Club Award 2004″ for Literary Works
2. “Moulana Bhasani Award 2007″ by ‘Bangladesh Jatio Bektitto Gobesona Kendro’
3. “Entrepreneur Of The Year Award 2007″ by Desher Kagoj
4. Award “Social Work and Industrialization 2007″ by ‘Bangladesh Jatio Bektitto Gobeshona Kendro’
5. Hussain Shaheed Suhrawardi Award 2008″ From Bangladesh Personality Research Centre
6. Bangladesh’s Most Respected Company Award 2008″ by Desher Kagoj
7. Kapotakhya Shahitya Parishad Award 2008″ for Social Work
8. The Best Business Awards-2008″ by Arthokantha Publications
9. Nabo Kollol Award 2008″ for Industrial Development
10. Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Award 2008″ on Preservation of History by ‘MUSLIN’ journal
11. Award “Bangladesh Business Journalists Society 2008″ by Bangladesh Business Journalists Society
12. Nawab Sir Salimullah Gold Medal 2009″ From Aitihya Foundation for Export Performance
13. Nawab Sirajuddoula Golden Award 2009″ For As A Preserver Of National History
14. Human Rights Award 2009″ for Research By Human Rights Legal Aid Society
15. Award 2009″ on Research on Bangabandhu By Bishwa Bangali Sommelon.
16. Kobi Abu Jafar Obaydullah Award 2010″ by Kobi Abu Jafar Obaydullah Foundation for Preservation of History of Bangladesh.