DHAKA: State Minister Md Shahriar Alam yesterday urged South Korea to recruit more Bangladeshi nationals under its Employment Permit System…
DHAKA:Institute of Chartered Secretaries of Bangladesh (ICSB) celebrated the 48th Victory Day on December 16, 2018 at ICSB premises to pay deep homage to the martyrs who laid down their lives for the country. ICSB celebrated the day through different programs. The programs includes discussions, children Art competition and stage drama performance.
Emeritus Professor Serajul Islam Choudhury attended the programme as Chief Guest. The programme was started by offering prayers seeking eternal peace of the souls of the martyred of Liberation War and peace, progress and prosperity of the country.
The Chief Guest, Emeritus Professor Serajul Islam Choudhury appreciated ICSB for organizing such a patriotic event. In his passionate speech delivered in the tale of Bangladesh and its birth from the 1947 India Pakistan partition. That partition resolved the crisis of 52% Muslims and 48% Hindus and give rise of another crisis of regional discrimination of East (56% Bangle spoken) and West Pakistan (44% Urdu and other language). We achieved our Independence from suppressor East Pakistan and moving forward from our own. However, still we have a new form of discrimination which is class discrimination. 20% people of Bangladesh getting most of the facilities while remaining 80% are stillnot able to achieve standard life of living. He also indicated that we need to work for improving the drug situation, violence against women, suicide, cultural practice and negligence of worker class.
Mohammad Sanaullah FCS, the President of the Institute in his speech said that for the people of Bangladesh, December 16, our Victory Day, holds great significance that cannot be described in mere words. People made their utmost sacrifices to make us victorious against the autocratic Pakistan regime. We deeply remember contribution of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to make independent and sovereign Bangladesh.In our Institute, each year we celebrate Victory Day and Independence Day. We all are working to develop our nation as our freedom fighter dreamt of. In last 47 years we improved our economy and social life. In association we developed in health, education, trade, ICT and mass transport system.
N. G. Chakraborty, the founder member of the Institute also gave an interesting speech. He gave the regards of victory day to all distinguished guests and members of the Institute. He gave his homage to the Matrious of our nation. He also recited poetries in this occasion.
The programme was organized under the initiative of Members’ Welfare Sub-Committee of ICSB. Among others the Md. Selim Reza FCS, Vice President, Nazmul Karim FCS, Treasurer and Salim Ahmed FCS, Chairman, Members’ Welfare Sub-Committee were also present. A large number of Members, their Spouses and children and Students of the Institute participated in the programme spontaneously.